I have started leaning the texturing program Ddo and created a game rez prop as a test. Its modeled in Maya and Zbrush then textured with Ddo. The details modeled in Zbrush were baked in Maya along with the materials colour pass, xNormal was used to bake the AO and object space normal maps. The prop was rendered with Marmoset Toolbag.
For this project I decided to re-create a mech from an old show I watched as a kid. Here are the final shaders and textures. Still need to add a few finishing touches but overall I am happy with the result.
Update 1: First pass mental ray shaders.
Update 2: Final shaders for the upper section. Need to finish tweaking the shaders for the legs.